- Join one of Brisbane’s finest 5 star Hotels
- Exciting role with lots of diversity
- Great location and employee benefits
Stamford Plaza Brisbane is Stamford Hotels & Resorts flagship Hotel. It is ideally situated on the banks of the Brisbane River and a stone’s throw to the Botanic Gardens. The Hotel’s unique location is second to none in the Brisbane market, with all 252 guest rooms featuring stunning river views. The Hotel is unquestionably Brisbane’s finest 5 star Hotel and additionally houses eight magnificent function rooms used to hold an array of Corporate, Special Events & Weddings and a variety of busy food and beverage outlets. To find out more about us and to see what we have to offer please visit our website: www.stamford.com.au/spb.
About the Role
We are currently seeking an experienced and highly skilled Purchasing Manager to join our Finance Team. In this role you will be responsible for receiving, storing, monitoring, issuing and re-ordering all items consumed/used by the Hotel and its F&B Operations. To thrive in this role we need you to be passionate about the purchasing process and the implementation and monitoring of control systems throughout the hotel. Ideally, an operational knowledge of Hotels would be advantageous however more importantly we are looking for someone who is able to multitask and work efficiently to meet tight deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and control the receipt, distribution and consumption of goods and services within the hotel.
- Manage the purchasing department to achieve departmental goals.
- Collate information required to prepare reports relating to inventory levels, consumption of goods and services within the hotel.
- Implement security procedures for stock in stores and outlets.
- Liaise with all suppliers to ensure quality goods and services at the best possible prices.
- Ensure a good relationship with suppliers without compromising the hotel.
- Provide sales and cost analysis to the financial controller.
- Train staff in control procedures.
- Management of internal computer purchasing system – Check program experience desirable.
- Ensure and promote high standard of WH&S in all outlets
Skills and experience
- 2 years experience in a Purchasing role, preferably within Hospitality or Food & Beverage environment
- Must be able to lift up to 20kg
- Excellent knowledge of products purchased in a hotel environment.
- High level of computer literacy using an inventory system.
- Excellent communication skills with senior managers and suppliers
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work various shifts including mornings, evenings and weekends
- Commitment and dedication to the Hotel and the Hospitality Industry
Culture and Benefits
We believe our people are our greatest asset and we therefore strive to reward, retain and develop passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. As a team member with us you can expect to receive;
- Great Career Opportunities
- Exciting 5 Star Hotel Environment
- The opportunity to work with Industry Professionals
- Excellent Salary Package & Employee Benefits
- Staff meals
- Food & beverage discounts in all F&B outlets within the Hotels
How to Apply
Click the 'Apply Now' button to be re-directed to our website http://www.stamford.com.au/careers/job-vacancies where you can complete your application.
You must have full working rights to apply for this role. If you do not hear from us please assume that you have been unsuccessful at this stage. We will however keep your details on file for other suitable positions that arise in the next 3 months.
Stamford Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.