Executive Sous Chef
- Excellent Salary Package & Employee Benefits
- Great Dedicated 5 Star Hotel Team
- Exciting Hotel Environment
Stamford Plaza, one of Brisbane's finest five star hotels, is currently looking for a talented, dedicated & experienced Executive Sous Chef to lead our exceptional kitchen brigade.
We are a busy luxury 252 room hotel in the CBD offering our guests a range of room types, as well as food & beverage facilities to the highest standards. To find out more about us & to see what we have to offer please visit our website: www.stamford.com.au/spb.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, your responsibilities include:
- Supervise & guarantee the production of all food for Breakfast, The Brasserie, Banquets, Room Service, Main Kitchen, Pavilion Bar, Kabuki Japanese Teppanyaki & our Staff kitchen.
- Contribute to kitchen revenue through effective food cost control. Including stocktaking & food audits.
- Monitor the quality & cost of all products both raw & finished.
- Ensure all hotel policies, procedures, health, hygiene & WHS requirements are adhered to.
- Check function sheets, daily menus & initiate requisitions of all foods & dry goods based on functions, climate, menus & forecast occupancy.
- Assist in training staff & apprentices, ensuring they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with maximum efficiency.
- Oversee the Stewarding operations of all the kitchens with the assistance of the Stewarding Supervisor.
- Assist with rostering & labour cost controls, as well as staff management & interviewing.
To be successful in this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviour, skills & values below:
- An Australian recognized trade or relevant qualification in commercial cookery.
- QLD Food Safety Supervisors Certificate preferable
- Previous experience of at least two years in a similar role.
- Extensive knowledge of styles of cooking & the latest food trends.
- The ability to lead, manage & motivate a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Ability to work shifts as per operational requirements.
- A proactive approach to system improvements.
- Knowledge of HACCP & food safety standards accreditation.
- Excellent presentation & personal grooming.
Our people are our most valuable assets & we provide excellent benefits including training,uniforms supplied & laundered and employee awards.
If you feel your skills & experience are a perfect match for this opportunity as an Executive Sous Chef within a highly regarded group, then we want you!
The successful applicant must hold or be willing to obtain a National Police Clearance.
Stamford Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.