As Australasia's leading owner and operator of landmark luxury hotels, Stamford is committed to exceeding the highest expectations of excellence of all our guests. Stamford welcomes people who share this passion and who have a positive approach to 'simply exceptional service'.
Surrounded by the Royal Botanic Gardens, beautiful Sydney Harbour, the city skyline and located on the historic Macquarie Street is Sir Stamford Circular Quay. Awarded for its outstanding service and facilities, the hotel features 18th Century Louis XV and Georgian antiques, and houses one of Australia's largest private collections of fine art. The hotel offers 105 generously sized, luxuriously appointed guest rooms including 15 suites, a restaurant, a bar and 4 function rooms.
We are currently seeking a talented, passionate, customer service focused Sous Chef to join our Kitchen Team.
About the role
In your new role you will be responsible for managing and training the kitchen brigade to deliver great food to all guests. You will be required to assist the Executive Chef in managing multiple outlets whilst maintaining cost controls in line with the hotel budget. You will be passionate about food, hands-on, work hard to achieve high quality products and services in all outlets.
- Manage food cost controls to contribute to food and beverage revenue
- Ensure all food production is in line with food and company standards
- Contribute to menu creation
- Assist the Executive Chef to lead, train and inspire the kitchen brigade effectively to ensure a well organised and motivated team
- Ensure the consistent delivery of quality, well-presented food to our guest
- Versatile, be able to work in different area of productions and ensure high quality customer service standards
- Strong experience in banquets is essential
- Demonstrate a working understanding of food, hygiene and safety principles, ensuring compliance at all times
- Support training, assessment and coaching of the kitchen brigade
What is on offer
Sir Stamford Circular Quay welcomes people who share our passion and who have a positive approach to simply exceptional service, as well as those who take ownership and pride in what they do. We are not offering just a job, but a career path with us.
Employees of Stamford Hotels and Resorts are entitled to many outstanding benefits.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for the above position, please forward your application (covering letter and CV) via the link below. Please note we will ONLY be contacting candidates who are successful for an interview.
The successful applicant must hold or be willing to obtain a National Police Clearance.
Stamford Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.