The Sir Stamford Circular Quay is a 5 star, 105 room hotel, located in the heart of the CBD. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Assistant Manager to join our Front Office Team.
This role will suit a hospitality-driven professional that possesses the initiative and ambition to lead a dynamic team. It will be an excellent opportunity for an experienced Front Office Team Leader or Supervisor in a 5 star environment wanting to step up to the next challenge.
Stamford Hotels and Resorts welcomes people who share our passion and who have a positive approach to simply exceptional service, as well as those who take ownership and pride in what they do.
Our culture is dynamic and transparent; we are not in the business of offering 'jobs'. We are in the business of developing exciting careers, whilst re-defining the meaning of great hospitality.
Reporting to the Front Office Manager, your main duties will include:
- To ensure, through effective supervision and coaching, that all services offered by the Reception desk and Telecommunications department are carried out with the utmost efficiency and to the standards set by the Front Office Standards of Performance (SOP) manual.
- To assist the Front Office Manager in conducting departmental training sessions
- To hold daily department briefings
- To participate actively towards reducing guest dissatisfaction and the preparation and execution of action plans.
- To co-ordinate security, emergency evacuation procedures and deal with any issues as they arise.
- Be responsible for Workplace Health and Safety reporting, documentation and communication of all accidents within the Hotel.
- To actively upsell and to encourage upselling within the Front Office Department.
- To empower the Front Office team, within clearly defined parameters, to do anything to make the guest's stay more comfortable and beyond expectation.
- To continuously strive to improve departmental operations and increase the standards of service provided to all external and internal guests.
The successful applicant will have:
- A minimum of 2 year experience in the Hotel Front Office environment.
- Previous experience as a Front Office Team Leader/ Supervisor is essential.
- Strong time management and task prioritisation skills;
- Able to work independently and have the ability to manage a team;
- Strong attention to detail and numerical, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong motivator in a team environment;
- Ability to interact professionally with customers, team members and management;
- Proficient in Hotel systems, especially OPERA and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Current NSW Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)
- NSW Full Drivers Licence
- Great employee discount on food & beverage at all Stamford Hotels & Resorts
- Dry cleaning for business attire
- Free duty meals
- Free parking
- Learning and development opportunities
How to Apply
If this is the challenge you are looking for and if you have a passion for the Hospitality Industry, please apply.
Stamford Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The successful applicant must hold or be willing to obtain a National Police Clearance.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.