Front Office Manager
About Stamford Hotels and Resorts Stamford is one of the largest owner/operator of premium quality hotels in Australia and New Zealand. The group operates a hotel portfolio with nearly 2500 rooms, 2200 employees, and residential assets. At Stamford Hotels and Resorts we understand that our people are our greatest asset. We strive to retain, develop and reward passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. In our pursuit for excellence, we encourage entrepreneurial thinking, challenge the status quo and inculcate a sense of ownership while fostering an environment of transparency, collaboration, respect and integrity among our employees, business partners and the community at large.
About the role Stamford Plaza Melbourne is seeking an experienced and passionate Front Office Manager to join the team. This hands on and varied position is responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the busy operation by fostering a team that is well trained, engaged and consistently strives to deliver a superior level of guest service.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Control and analyse departmental costs on an ongoing basis to ensure performance against budget;
- Drive the Front Office team to promote and upsell rooms and restaurants at every opportunity to increase hotel revenue;
- Monitor all Rooms Division departments' rostering and ensure highest levels of productivity at all times;
- Manage the contractor relationship with housekeeping effectively;
- Deal with guest complaints and issues and ensure it is resolved promptly in accordance with the hotels’ core values;
- Coach and train staff and managers in all aspects of the role outlined in their job descriptions, particularly with a customer service focus;
- Review and update policies and procedures for the department;
- Drive a positive team culture and foster strong interdepartmental relationships with other departments.
To be considered for this position you should possess:
- Previous Front Office management experience within a 4 or 5 star hotel;
- A demonstrated history of achieving financial targets and working within a budget;
- Experience in coaching and developing a team, recruitment and performance management;
- Excellent organisational, time management and computer literacy skills;
- The ability to deal with guest issues in a timely, positive and professional manner;
- Strong attention to detail, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Knowledge of the Opera system will be highly regarded;
- Formal qualifications in Hotel Management are desirable.
Culture and Benefits
- Internal career progression and training opportunities;
- Tailored coaching and mentoring program
How to Apply
If you believe you have the drive and skills to succeed in this role please click the 'Apply Now' button. We thank you in advance for your interest in this position, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Stamford Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.