Perfectly located on the banks of the river and a stones throw to the Botanic Gardens, the Stamford Plaza is Brisbane’s finest 5 star luxury Hotel. Our unique location is second to none in the Brisbane market, with all 252 guest rooms featuring stunning river views. The Hotel houses eight magnificent function rooms used to hold an array of Corporate, Special Events & Weddings and additionally hosts a variety of busy food and beverage outlets. To find out more about us and to see what we have to offer please visit our website: www.stamford.com.au/spb.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Night Manager to join our amazing team in the Front Office Department. Reporting to the Front Office Manager, you will ensure the smooth and effective operation of the Front Office Department with particular focus on Night Audit and End of Day procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out Night Audit and End of Day procedures
- Provide welcoming, professional and courteous service to all guests from arrival to departure
- Handle guest requests, inquiries and complaints appropriately and with professionalism
- Assistance with hotel operations and any emergency situation that occurs at night
- Ensure the Front Office maintains a professional manner and are up to date with VIP guest movements, hotel events, local attractions and activities
- You will be rostered on night shifts (11pm-7.30am) including weekends and public holidays
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a similar role, preferably in a 4 or 5 star hotel
- Must have a full open Drivers Licence
- A good understanding of all aspects of the Front Office Department such as Night Audit Procedures
- Experience using Opera, Excel and Word
- Strong leadership skills and be confident running a Hotel at night
- A confident mature disposition, calm and even temperament and decisive problem solving are all traits we are looking for in the successful candidate.
- Excellent communication skills with guests, management and team members
Culture and Benefits
Our 'Knight's Head' Logo is conceived from our founder Sir Stamford's family crest and symbolises the strength and unity of our members within the company. We believe our people are our greatest asset and we therefore strive to reward, retain and develop passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. As a team member with us you can expect to receive;
- Great career opportunities and progression within the company
- Car Parking at the Hotel
- Uniforms and Laundry
- Free staff meals
- Food & beverage discounts in all F&B outlets within the Hotels
How to Apply
If you believe you have the drive, skills and experience to succeed in this role please click the 'Apply Now' button to be re-directed to our website http://www.stamford.com.au/careers/job-vacancies where you can complete our application.
You must be an Australian Resident to apply or have Visa Rights to work in Australia.
Stamford Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.