Conference & Events Sales Executive
- Beautiful location on the Brisbane River
- Excellent team environment and career opportunities
- Competitive Salary Package & Employee Benefits
Perfectly located on the banks of the river and a stones throw to the Botanic Gardens, the Stamford Plaza is Brisbane’s finest 5 Star luxury Hotel and the flagship for Stamford Hotels & Resorts. Our unique location is second to none in the Brisbane market, with all 252-guest rooms featuring stunning river views. The Hotel houses eight magnificent function rooms used to hold an array of Corporate, Special Events & Weddings and additionally hosts a variety of busy food and beverage outlets. To find out more about us and to see what we have to offer please visit our website: www.stamford.com.au/spb.
About the Role
We are currently looking for an experienced Conference & Events Executive to join our professional Conference & Events team. As the Conference & Events Executive you will be responsible for the efficient organisation and coordination of all administrative aspects of the C&E department and providing management support to the C&E Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing client enquiries and leads, relating to Conference & Events
- Prepare client correspondence such as proposals, contracts, Invoices and general correspondence
- Drive sales to ensure conversion targets are achieved and monitor success on a monthly basis
- Responsible for the maintenance of current accounts and growth of new business opportunity
- Communicate with guests at every opportunity and ensure the overall profitability and successful execution of relative client events
- Maintain an efficient administrative environment, have the ability to perform at high standards and achieve objectives despite the circumstances
- Participate in client entertaining, functions, familiarisations, sites and industry network events.
- Continuously deliver functions and events that meet and exceed client expectations.
- Following up with all clients to ensure a successful event was delivered and potential repeat business is achieved.
- Liaising with the entire operations team to ensure high quality, impeccable service and experience is provided
- Effectively communicating with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure the highest of quality service and professional standards are delivered in the required time frames.
- Assist with additional duties as required.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in conference & events sales, with a demonstrated background in sales conversion, organising, facilitating and executing events
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a Conference and Event Coordinator in a 4 or 5 Star Hotel
- Thorough knowledge of the Hospitality Industry and the local market
- Must be proficient in MS Word & MS Excel
- Knowledge of Delphi systems is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills and professional telephone manner
- A warm, friendly, professional manner and a passionate attitude
- Strong attention to detail
Culture and Benefits
Our 'Knight's Head' Logo is conceived from our founder Sir Stamford's family crest and symbolises the core values that unify all members of our company. We believe our people are our greatest asset and we therefore strive to reward, retain and develop passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. As a team member with us you can expect to receive;
- Great career opportunities and development
- Food & beverage discounts in all F&B outlets within the Hotels
- Subsidised Staff meals
- Dry Cleaning
How to Apply
If you believe you have the drive, skills and experience to succeed in this role please click the 'Apply Now' button to be re-directed to our website http://www.stamford.com.au/careers/job-vacancies where you can complete our application.
You must be an Australian Resident to apply or have Visa Rights to work in Australia.
Stamford Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.