Executive Sous Chef
About Stamford Hotels and Resorts
Stamford is one of the largest owner/operator of premium quality hotels in Australia and New Zealand. The group operates a hotel portfolio with nearly 2500 rooms, 2200 employees, and residential assets. At Stamford Hotels and Resorts we understand that our people are our greatest asset. We strive to retain, develop and reward passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. In our pursuit for excellence, we encourage entrepreneurial thinking, challenge the status quo and inculcate a sense of ownership while fostering an environment of transparency, collaboration, respect and integrity among our employees, business partners and the community at large.
A unique opportunity currently exists for a highly skilled Executive Sous Chef with HACCP experience to join our award-winning team at Stamford Plaza Brisbane on a full-time basis. Perfectly located on the banks of the Brisbane River and just a stones throw to the Botanic Gardens. The hotel is positioned within the hub of Brisbane's financial district and just minutes to the city centre for shopping, theatre district, restaurants and Brisbane's City night life. We are looking for candidates with exceptional cooking skills and a passion for the hospitality industry.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring product quality and service standards are of a consistently high standard;
- Working with the Executive Chef on menu creation;
- Training and development of team members including the culinary and stewarding team;
- Ensuring all employees are complying with relevant workplace health and safety requirements at all times;
- Control and analyse departmental costs on an ongoing basis;
- Devising initiatives and strategies to ensure financial targets are met
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- Formal qualifications in Commercial Cookery;
- Experience working at middle to upper level management within a Hotel and/or high volume Restaurant;
- Experience working in a multi-outlet Hotel is preferred but not essential;
- A thorough knowledge of Food Safety and other workplace health and safety practices;
Culture and Benefits
As a team member with us you can expect to receive
- The opportunity to work with industry professionals in an exciting hotel environment
- An attractive food and beverage discount program.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the drive and skills to succeed in this role please click the 'Apply Now' button.
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. No recruitment agencies please.
The successful applicant must hold or be willing to obtain a National Police Clearance.
Stamford Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.