About Stamford Hotels and Resorts
Stamford is one of the largest owner/operator of premium quality hotels in Australia and New Zealand. The group operates a hotel portfolio with nearly 2500 rooms, 2200 employees, and residential assets. At Stamford Hotels and Resorts we understand that our people are our greatest asset. We strive to retain, develop and reward passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. In our pursuit for excellence, we encourage entrepreneurial thinking, challenge the status quo and inculcate a sense of ownership while fostering an environment of transparency, collaboration, respect and integrity among our employees, business partners and the community at large.
About the role
Stamford Plaza Adelaide is seeking experienced Commis Chefs.
We are looking for candidates with exceptional cooking skills and a passion for the hospitality industry.
The successful applicants will be responsible for:
- Preparing food items as directed by the senior chef;
- Ensuring excellent standards of kitchen cleanliness;
- Ensuring consistently high standards of food presentation and quality are maintained;
- Ordering and controlling the costs within the kitchen;
- Working with the kitchen team to ensure safe work practices are implemented at all times.
- A strong commitment to the hospitality industry as well as a true passion for cooking;
- Previous experience working in a hotel kitchen is advantageous;
- Good communication and time management skills;
- A creative flair;
- Great team spirit;
- Ability to be hands on in the kitchen;
- Leading by example with safe work practices;
- Ability to work a variety of shifts, including weekends.
Culture and Benefits
- Tailored coaching and mentoring program by our kitchen management team;
- An attractive food and beverage discount program.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the drive and skills to succeed in this role please click the 'Apply Now' button.
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. No recruitment agencies please.
Stamford Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.