Chef de Partie
About Stamford Hotels and Resorts
Stamford is one of the largest owner/operator of premium quality hotels in Australia and New Zealand. The group operates a hotel portfolio with nearly 2500 rooms, 2200 employees, and residential assets. At Stamford Hotels and Resorts we understand that our people are our greatest asset. We strive to retain, develop and reward passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. In our pursuit for excellence, we encourage entrepreneurial thinking, challenge the status quo and inculcate a sense of ownership while fostering an environment of transparency, collaboration, respect and integrity among our employees, business partners and the community at large.
About the role
Stamford Plaza Adelaide is seeking an experienced Chef de Partie on a permanent full-time basis.
We are looking for candidates with exceptional cooking skills and a passion for the hospitality industry.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the F&B team in order to deliver great meals and service to guests
- Ensuring menus for guests are contemporary and competitive in the market
- Reviewing guest profiles and ensuring a variety of cuisine to assist with variety and repeat patronage
- Working across all kitchen outlets as and when required (a la carte / buffet etc)
- Closely monitor the storage and ordering of food whilst maintaining food cost
- Assist with stock take as required
- Ensure service in the kitchen is efficient and continually find ways to continually improve
- Coach, support and mentor junior chefs within the kitchen brigade
- Attained a trade qualification in commercial cookery
- Demonstrated experience working in a 4 or 5 star hotel (desirable)
- Previous experience with a la carte / banquet service
- Previous experience in a busy commercial kitchen
- Flexible to work on a rotating roster which includes weekends and public holidays
- Possess effective communication skills
- Organised, innovative and committed to the kitchen
- Can work in a pressure, fast paced environment
- Work to the prescribed health and safety standards of the hotel and
- Share a passion for the hospitality industry
Culture and Benefits
- Tailored coaching and mentoring program by our kitchen management team;
- An attractive food and beverage discount program.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the drive and skills to succeed in this role please click the 'Apply Now' button.
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Stamford Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.