About Stamford Hotels and Resorts
Stamford is one of the largest owner/operator of premium quality hotels in Australia and New Zealand. The group operates a hotel portfolio with nearly 2500 rooms, 2200 employees, and residential assets. At Stamford Hotels and Resorts we understand that our people are our greatest asset. We strive to retain, develop and reward passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. In our pursuit for excellence, we encourage entrepreneurial thinking, challenge the status quo and inculcate a sense of ownership while fostering an environment of transparency, collaboration, respect and integrity among our employees, business partners and the community at large.
About the Role
We are currently seeking an experienced, hardworking and organised Chief Steward to lead the Stewarding Team within our Kitchen Brigade at Stamford Grand. In this position you will be responsible for maintaining and co-ordinating the cleanliness of the kitchen in an efficient and economical manner. You will take charge of training and developing the Stewarding Team to ensure the smooth and efficient running of operations within our kitchens.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare rosters for Kitchen Stewards in accordance with the operational needs and in line with budget
- Delegate and supervise the duties of the Kitchen Stewards
- Ensure adequate levels of crockery, cutlery, glassware etc. are maintained in each food and beverage outlet
- Train staff appropriately to ensure that all standards are maintained to the highest level with special emphasis on cleanliness, use of machines and equipment, chemical identification and dangers
- Schedule the cleaning of all kitchens and other areas of responsibility.
- Assist Stewards in general cleaning, dishwashing etc.
- Flexible with shifts as per operational requirements
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a similar role preferably within a 5 Star Hotel
- Experience in leading, managing and motivating a team
- Must have excellent teamwork skills and communication skills, both verbal and written
Culture and Benefits
As a team member with us you can expect to receive:
- Great opportunities for career development;
- The opportunity to work with industry professionals in an exciting 5 Star Hotel environment;
- An attractive food and beverage discount program.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the drive, skills and experience to succeed in this role please click the 'Apply Now' button.
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Stamford Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.