Front Office Duty Manager
About Stamford Hotels and Resorts
Stamford is one of the largest owner/operator of premium quality hotels in Australia and New Zealand. The group operates a hotel portfolio with nearly 2500 rooms, 2200 employees, and residential assets. At Stamford Hotels and Resorts we understand that our people are our greatest asset. We strive to retain, develop and reward passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. In our pursuit for excellence, we encourage entrepreneurial thinking, challenge the status quo and inculcate a sense of ownership while fostering an environment of transparency, collaboration, respect and integrity among our employees, business partners and the community at large.
About the role:
We are currently looking for an energetic, vibrant and experienced Duty Manager to join our Front Office team at Stamford Grand Adelaide. The Stamford Grand Adelaide is one of Adelaide’s premier beach side resorts located in Glenelg and has access to Jetty Road’s vibrant shopping strip. The Hotel features 220 luxury rooms and all the trimmings of a resort style property. In this hands-on role, you will be a dynamic team player with excellent communication skills and the drive to make a difference. Similar experience in a five-star environment is preferred along with a passion for customer service and an eye for detail.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Representing the Stamford brand with every guest interaction
- Responsible for the smooth functioning of the operation of the Hotel
- Ensuring the safety and security of guests, staff and hotel property at all times
- Handling guest complaints and resolving issues in an efficient and professional manner
- Participating in handover meetings, to ensure any issues are handed over to the next shift to ensure continuity of service
- Meeting and assisting VIPs, groups and tours on arrival and departure
- Coaching, leading and mentoring staff to deliver exceptional service
- Assisting other operational outlets during peak service times
The successful applicant will have:
- A qualification in Hospitality Management (desirable)
- Current RSA, First Aid Certification and a current drivers license
- Experience as a Fire Warden and First Aid Officer (desirable)
- Experience as a Duty Manager in a 5 star environment (highly desirable)
- Experience with hotel booking systems – preferably Opera (desirable)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (both written & verbal)
- Well groomed and professional in appearance
- The ability to work under pressure and multitask
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate employees to deliver a high standard of service
- Commitment with flexibility to work mornings, evenings, weekends and public holidays
- Proactive focus and shares a passion for the hospitality industry
Culture and Benefits
As a team member with us you can expect to receive:
- Great opportunities for career development;
- An attractive food and beverage discount program;
- The opportunity to work with industry professionals in an exciting hotel environment.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the drive and skills to succeed in this role please click the 'Apply Now' button.
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. No recruitment agencies please.
Stamford Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.